Caring For Your Candles
Our scented candles are lovingly made to provide you with hours of fragranced bliss. Here are a few things you can do to extend the life of your candle...
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before you light your candle. This helps to stop any build-up on your wick, providing a clean, even burn.
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from draughts and fans as this can cause uneven burning.
- Burn your candle until it reaches a full melt pool (touches the edge of the glass/tin) on the first burn. This will help to prevent ‘tunnelling’ and ensures your candle lasts for as long as possible. Thereafter, it will burn down evenly and slowly.
- Keep the wax pool clear of debris and wax trimmings, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
- We recommend using a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Once extinguished, allow the wax to solidify and then follow the storage instructions below.
- Candles are sensitive to light and temperature, especially those made from natural wax. Store your candle in an upright position in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep your candles dust free by using the lid provided.
- Light your candle on a level, fire resistant surface.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours.
- Keep burning candles away from children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not place a burning candle near flammable objects such as curtains, paper, bedding, etc.
- Never extinguish a candle with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter.
- Keep your candle free from any foreign material, including wick trimmings and matches.